Browse the forums:
- Cafe, Dining & Hospitality
- DIY & Building Trade
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Security Operation Centre (SOC)
- Speciality Forum
Health & Safety
Health and Safety was the first of ORIS’s discipline-related forums to be established, and it is currently the largest of the 11 forums. With a cross-over with many of the loss prevention forums when it comes to the safety and security of store colleagues, the purpose of the forum is to highlight risk in its widest sense. This includes sharing policies, procedures and protocols on issues as diverse as working at height, contractors on site, slips, trips and falls, malicious injury claims, manual handling best practice and escalator or elevator maintenance safety. It also includes working with external authorities including food safety, environmental health departments of local councils, primary authorities for national policy consistency and Government bodies including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
There are more than 40 members of this forum.
Forum members include:
Why ORIS Forums?
- Meeting frequency: 4 times per year
- Retailer–led: it’s your agenda
- Decision makers: attended by senior decision makers
- Non-competitive: honest and open collaboration to tackle a common issue
- One voice for your sector: critical mass for lobbying
- Action-orientated: not talking shops
- Non-supplier meetings: suppliers only attend at the request of members